For one new (old now, but new at that time) product design where I used to work, I offered to make a photographically realistic image of it (see second image), since it was very similar to another product already in existence (and already photographed, see the first image). After removing the body of the original system to make it into a panel system, I made the bevel by masking edges and alternately darkening and lightening them, so that the paint texture would be left intact. This result was originally made as a high-resolution image, used for a print brochure.
back to top
<< previous page (altered building photos) | next page (drastic fashion alteration) >>